Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Baptismal Certificate -

Do I believe in God? You bet I do! And more so everyday. I've had many of my prayers answered and on some occasions cried having known it was Him that answered my prayers. Some have made me laugh with joy having been answered so quickly! It's such an awesome feeling. God is good! I was baptized as a Southern Baptist but today I consider myself to be more of a non - denominational Christian.

A while back I went on a search in hopes to be able to find my baptismal certificate. I know I was baptized in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I asked Lacey if she could help me with my search on finding my certificate and she called a place or two but we never could locate it. I had been baptized when I was living with her dad (Wayne) and his mom in Albuquerque. He remembered that the preachers name was Jamie Coleman when Lacey asked him some questions about my baptism. Wayne and I weren't married when I got baptized but I'm pretty sure I was pregnant with Lacey by about 3 months. So I found a blank certificate and just made myself one. Maybe someday I will find the original or be baptized again. Click on the certificate below to view it larger.




"Then Peter said unto them, Repent and be baptized every on of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38 (KJV)

A few of my favorite scriptures -
Favorite Scriptures

On Anger -

Proverbs 15:1 - A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Psalm 37:8 - Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.

James 1:19-20 - Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.

Colossians 3:8 - But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth.

Ephesians 4:31 - Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.

Proverbs 15:18 - A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention.

Ephesians 4:29 - Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.


                                                     




Faith Without Works Is Dead

14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.



29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”
31 Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick.


* Dear Lord keep my head and my heart in the right place. Forgive me of all my sins past and present. Keep evil away from me and keep me on the path you would have me follow. In the name of Jesus - Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment